Stephen M. Capracotta concentrates his practice in the area of workers’ compensation law, under both the Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Act and the Federal Longshore and Harborworkers’ Compensation Act. Steve primarily represents employers, both insured and self-insured, as well as employees. He has trial and appellate experience in both jurisdictions, and frequently appears before the Rhode Island Workers’ Compensation Court. Steve has also appeared before the Massachusetts Department of Industrial Accidents. In addition, he has experience in the areas of personal injury, social security disability, medical malpractice, probate and estates, unemployment appeals and veterans’ disability appeals.
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of Rhode Island, B.A., 2013
- Rhode Island (2016)
- Massachusetts (2021)
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island (2020)
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims (2016)
- Rhode Island Bar Association