Robert J. Quigley, Jr. has extensive trial experience in the State Superior Court and the United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island. Mr. Quigley has prepared and tried cases in the areas of product liability, including claims involving various consumer and industrial products, as well as personal injury and business litigation. He has also appeared before the Rhode Island Supreme Court and before the United States First Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Quigley has received the Martindale-Hubble Peer Review Rating of AV, signifying “very high to pre-eminent,” the highest rating available. He has been selected for inclusion to Super Lawyers lists for Rhode Island and New England in the Civil Litigation Defense category. Super Lawyers selects attorneys for inclusion using a rigorous multiple rating process. A maximum of 5% of the lawyers in a state are named to Super Lawyers.
- Suffolk University, J.D. (cum laude), 1980
- Merrimack College, B.S. Civil Engineering, 1975
- Defense Counsel of Rhode Island, President (2008-2010); Board of Directors (2012-2019)
- Legal Counsel, Senate Corporations Committee, Rhode Island Senate (2007, 2010, 2012)
- Senate Government Oversight Committee (2011), and Committee on Financial Services, Technology and Regulatory Issues (2004-2006)
- Secretary, Alumni Advisory Committee to the Civil Engineering Department, Merrimack College
- Rhode Island (1980)
- Massachusetts (1980)
- United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island (1981)
- United States First Circuit Court of Appeals (1980)
- Defense Research Institute
- Defense Counsel Rhode Island (President)
- Rhode Island Bar Association